Our Waste Campaigns Team work to let people know about our services and why it's so important to reduce, re-use and recycle. We work with residents, community groups, schools and universities. We run events, roadshows and campaigns to raise awareness of particular services and projects. Please follow the links below to find out more.
- Friends of our Street - Residents' Toolkit - advice and downloadable materials to help keep your neighbourhood clean and tidy
- Events - scroll down to see our diary of displays, roadshows and community events
- School lorry caption competition
- School recycling and rubbish collections - details of what we offer and who to contact
- School activities - free educational support for all schools
- University students - guidance on recycling and rubbish for students living in halls and off campus
- Second hand furniture sales in Keynsham - Good quality items of second hand furniture for sale at bargain prices, saved for re-use from our Recycling Centres
- Bath Repair Cafes - What do you do with a wobbly chair or when the zip breaks on your favourite jacket? Throw it away? No way! If you have an item that is broken or needs adjusting, bring it along to the Bath Repair Café! Come and learn how to fix items yourself with the help of a team of volunteer repair experts, all free of charge but donations welcomed. Monthly events at various venues www.facebook.com/repaircafebath
- Pass it on textiles campaign
Did you know that over 80% of ‘waste’ in the average primary and secondary school bin is recyclable? (WRAP report 2008) In Bath and North East Somerset we offer a comprehensive recycling and rubbish collection service for schools along with free activities for schools to encourage green behaviour from an early age.
The environment, climate change and sustainability are all highly topical subjects in the world today. They are an intrinsic element of the curriculum (including GCSE exam papers) and other aspects of school life. Learning about waste is one way to engage students with environmental issues and encourage them to take practical action at home and at school.
Raising awareness of how people can play their part in helping you to recycle more is a crucial part of our work. Every tonne we can save going to landfill saves the public purse from expen will answer your queries and provide practical tips help you recycle even more. Please see below for venues and dates - we are adding to these throughout the year.
We also offer practical advice to help you make the most of your weekly food waste recycling collection, and how to line your food waste caddy with everyday plastic bags and newspaper.
We are also happy to offer free recycling talks to community groups - contact us at email@example.com
Diary of road shows and community events
Keep looking here for events as we confirm them ...
Bath Repair cafes - Bath Repair Cafe - there are now 3 cafes running regularly in Bath- What do you do with a wobbly chair or when the zip breaks on your favourite jacket? Throw it away? No way! If you have an item that is broken or needs adjusting, bring it along to the Bath Repair Café! Come and learn how to fix items yourself with the help of a team of volunteer repair experts, all free of charge. Find out more https://www.facebook.com/RepairCafeBath
Due to loss of venue space we have no future dates for sales for 2018 but if this changes we will advertise here and on social media and the Council's quarterly magazine B&NES Together if this changes.
Promoting waste awareness
Our Waste Campaigns Officers help thousands of people every year giving information, hints and tips to encourage recycling and save the local taxpayer money.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.