How to order a container
You can now order new containers online through the below link;
or through Council Connect:
- Telephone: 01225 39 40 41
What containers are available?
These containers are free:
- Blue bag for cardboard, brown paper and Tetra-Paks; (91 litres; 45 cm cubed);
- Food waste containers; kitchen caddy (5 litres; 20 cm high) for storing your food waste in the kitchen; food waste bin (23 litres; 40 cm high) with a lockable lid for putting your food waste out for collection;
- Recycling box; available as a large green box (55 litres; H 55cm x W 41cm x 36cm) or small green basket (24 litres; 50cm x 30cm x 25cm) useful for people with limited storage or difficulty lifting. Some residents in central Bath receive green sacks - these should be put through the letterbox by a collector. You can order more than one green box if you need it.
Charges apply to the following:
- Food waste liners; You can now line your kitchen caddy with everyday household plastic bags. Compostable bags made from potato starch can still be used (available from online suppliers and local shops) or you can wrap your food waste in newspaper or brown paper bags.
- Garden waste bins; available as a large wheeled bin (240 litres; 107cm x 58cm x 73cm) or small wheeled bin (140 litre; 106cm x 49cm x 55cm). Find out current collection charges per bin per year.
- Garden waste sacks; 80 Litre capacity (H: 101cm x W: 63cm) for collection. Minimum order of 20 if ordering through Council Connect. Find out current sack charges.
To find out where to buy garden waste sacks from via a range of local outlets, please Click here .
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.