If you have noticed a spelling mistake or error on a death certificate, please contact us on 01225 477234 for advice.

What corrections can be made?

Corrections to a death registration can only be made when the information is wrong (e.g. a mistake in spelling a person’s name).

Who to apply to

  • For minor mistakes (like the date of death, birthplace or address) contact the Register Office where the death was registered.
  • For mistakes involving things like names, you will need to apply to the General Register Office (GRO).

If you are unsure who to apply to, please contact:

For more information please see correct a death registration on the GOV.UK website.

Your rating: 

No votes yet
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.