Bath & North East Somerset Council owns approximately 1,200 property assets with a current capital value of more than £500 million.
The total portfolio is split into 2 main areas. Operational assets support service delivery; this includes schools, depots, car parks, libraries, offices, allotments, public conveniences, leisure centres, heritage properties, parks and other open spaces. Secondly the Council owns a number of investment properties mainly in the centre of Bath which produce a significant income to supplement service delivery.
The vision for the Council’s assets is set out in the Corporate Asset Management Plan (AMP) and comprises the following strings
- A Strategic and corporate philosophy
- Demonstrate Value for Money
- Realise development potential
- Encourage collaboration and sharing
- Promote sustainable assets
- Produce acceptable investment returns where applicable
For any other enquiry regarding Council land and buildings please select this link to go to a series of Frequently Asked Questions. For further information about the associated subjects see the links below.
- Advertising or A-Boards - rules and regulations
- Ownership Enquiries
- Corporate Asset Management Plan
- Localism including Assets of Community Value
- Asbestos Guide
- Guide for Commercial Tenants
- Keynsham Regeneration
- Southgate Shopping Centre
- Other Major Projects
- Land and Property Asset Register
How To Contact Us
Our main offices are located at:
Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1JG
08:30 - 17:00 Monday - Thursday
08:30 - 16:30 Friday
Tel: 01225 477241
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.