Find the information or support you are looking for on Wellbeing Options - a website containing lots of useful information about local care providers, clubs, services and activities, along with links to other useful websites and resources
Contact our partner the Avon and Wiltshire Mental Heatlh Partnership (AWP) to find out about groups for people with autism. These include post-diagnostic support, mindfulness, walking, partner/spouse, carers and family afternoons and film groups . Click here to find out more.
If you have already been diagnosed, you can get more information, advice and support from the Sirona Autistic Spectrum Management Service.
AWP also offers one-to-one support for people with autistic spectrum disorder through the Bristol Autism Specrum Service (BASS). This specialised support is to give you help with things like:
- Support to manage difficult emotions
- Problem-solving support for specific difficulties
- Assistance to complete forms, for example, DLA, Homechoice etc.
- Assistance with housing-related advice
- Support around education or employment
- Advice about difficulties in relating to others
- Finding out what support can be gained from other services
- Make direct referrals to other services
- Gain more understanding about autism spectrum conditions
- Advice on how to manage sensory processing difficulties
The National Autistic Society’s Avon Branch runs a support group for parents and carers of adults with autism.
The Autism Directory is a national online directory of help and support available for people with autism spectrum disorder.
Find out more about this weekly advice service for adults with autism/Asperger syndrome