A care and support assessment is a discussion between you (or the person you look after if you are a carer) and a trained person either from the council or another organisation that the council works with. You will talk about the care and support needs you have and the goals you want to achieve. We will use the assessment to identify your care and support needs, and to discuss how these could be met. We will always consider ways that your wellbeing can be supported.
If you have care and support needs you can call one of our specialist care advisers at Sirona Care & Health on 01225 396000, option 2 who will have an initial assessment conversation with you and may do some or all of the following:
- give you good information and advice about care and support, or signpost you to other good sources of information
- help you to identify your care and support needs and the changes you want to make in your life
- help you to identify the best ways in which you can make these changes
- offer timely and appropriate reablement and preventative support first before considering ongoing support
- discuss what support could help sustain you if you are a carer
- work with you to plan your support or tell you about others who can help you with this if you prefer
- let you know if there are any immediate services that can help
- give you advice about other agencies or services that may be able to meet your care needs
- advise you of any charges for services
- talk to you about the information you give us, as we may need to share this with other individuals and organisations
- talk to you about the other options available.
- Refer you for a more in-depth care and support assessment if they are not able to provide you with all the help and information that you need when you first contact us. This assessment will be an opportunity for you to consider how you are managing with your daily life, explain what you are finding difficult and what might make life easier. A trained social care worker will work with you to understand what care and support needs you may have. The assessment form that we use can be found here. We will send this to you before your assessment to help you prepare.
- If your needs meet the national eligibility criteria we will work with you to arrange and plan the support that you may need. The person doing your assessment may talk to other people involved in your life like friends, family, doctors or nurses.
Wellbeing Options supports people in Bath and North East Somerset to live full and independent lives. Here you will find information about local care providers, services and activities, along with links to other useful websites and resources