Information for parents and carers
The 15 hours entitlement is available for around 40% of 2 year olds nationally
- Once eligibility has been confirmed, your child will remain eligible for the funding until the term after they turn three, regardless of when they take up the funded place.
- Providers cannot charge you any additional fees for the funded hours, although any extras could be billed for e.g. meals, snacks.
- If your child attends more than the maximum entitlement per week, your provider is entitled to charge you for the extra hours.
- If the provider's term is longer than 38 weeks, they are entitled to charge you for the extra weeks.
- Your provider's fee policy should clearly state the charge for all additional hours offered.
** Apply online here **
If you think you qualify for two year old funding as your child receives Disability Living Allowance (DLA), or is a Looked After Child, please contact our team directly on 01225 394317, and do not use the online checking system.
NB: Data will be shared with our Children’s Centres to help encourage the take up of the entitlement.