The role of the designated teacher is to promote a culture of high expectation for children in care across the school and to put in place the necessary support for each child.
You need to:
- Make sure the young person has a voice in setting learning targets
- Be a source of advice for staff
- Prioritise children in care for 1:1 tuition
- Support and communicate with carers
- Lead on the development and implementation of the PEP
- Monitor the progress of children if they leave care.
- Produce a report for governors at least once a year.
How the Virtual School can support you:
- Advise you on support strategies, using the Pupil Premium and on writing good quality PEPs
- Attend PEP meetings of complex cases, or cases where you would like our input
- Provide extra support beyond the Pupil Premium
- Advise you on where to obtain one to one tutors
- Support transitions to new schools if school placements change.
- Provide training and networking
- Get involved quickly if there are problems
- Advise you on the completion of the report to governors (see template in documents)
There is no charge to schools or academies for these services.
- E mails and attachments sent across the ‘bathnes.gov’ network are secure.
- For e mail messages to us from other networks, please just use the child’s initials and do not include sensitive information
Login to GlobalSCAPE