PLEDGE TO YOUNG PEOPLE
“Helping young people make a positive difference to their lives and communities”
This is the Local Authority Youth Connect Pledge to young people who use and attend local provision in Bath and North East Somerset.
We commit to:
- Respect you as an individual, ensure you are treated equally and provided you with the support you need.
- Provide a range of opportunities so you can take part in things you want to do including participation in a wide range of positive activities, in safe spaces where you can have fun and meet friends.
- Show real commitment to your achievement of the best possible outcomes and expect the best for you.
- Help to ensure you have an offer of an education or training place when you leave school.
- Support you to participate in education or training up to the age of 18 through providing information, advice, guidance and support to help you make decisions and plans for your future.
- Keep in regular contact with you to find out how you are getting on in education, employment or training and to find out if you need any help from Youth Connect.
- Help you to access other services including sexual health, emotional health and wellbeing, drugs/ alcohol counselling and relationship issues.
- Support you in your right to have your views listened to and to be taken seriously, providing you with someone to talk to.
- Involve you in planning and decision making wherever possible and ensure you understand how decisions have been reached.
- Consult and listen so we work with you to improve services and opportunities within Bath and North East Somerset.
- Provide opportunities for you to take part in volunteering so you can make a difference to the area you live in.
- Work with you in ways that have been shown to make a positive difference and empower you to take control of your life.
11-19 Prevention Service Manager