Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support are paid by Local Authorities to help towards the cost of your rent and Council Tax. Other emergency and short-term financial assistance is also available through the Welfare Support Scheme.

Follow the links below for more information about benefits...   

Universal Credit

Find out if you need to claim Universal Credit instead of other benefits.

Housing Benefit

Help towards paying rent for people on a low income – find out if you qualify.

Council Tax Support

Help towards paying Council Tax for people on a low income – find out if you qualify.

Applying for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

How to make a claim, what information you'll need to provide, and what happens once you've applied.

Changes in your circumstances

What changes you need to tell us about and how to get in touch.

Discretionary Housing Payments

Extra help towards paying your rent - find out how to apply.

Welfare Support Scheme

Further financial support to help pay for essential daily living needs, household items or bills – find out how to apply.

Employment Support Allowance & Personal Independence Payment

Online support to help you when applying for these benefits provided by seAp Advocacy

Appealing against a decision

How to appeal if you disagree with a decision we've made about your benefit claim.

Reporting a suspected fraud  

How to report that you suspect someone is claiming benefits they aren’t entitled to.

Benefits forms and leaflets

Application forms and leaflets available for you to download.

Benefit cap

The Government limits the total amount of benefit that most working-age people can get – find out more.

Information about other types of benefit

Other benefits and grants such as Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Universal Credit and winter fuel payments are administered by the Department for Work and Pensions. HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) deal with Child Benefit, Working Tax Credits and Child Tax Credits. Please visit the GOV.UK website for more information.

Further advice and support about accommodation

If you need support to help you keep your home, or if you are homeless and need support to find accommodation, you may be able to get this from the Supporting People service. For more information, please visit the Housing section.

Help us improve this content

Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.

To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
Data protection notice

Data protection notice

The information you have provided may be shared across Bath and North East Somerset Council for the purpose of dealing with your enquiry. We will not give information about you to anyone else, or use information about you for other purposes, unless your consent has been given or the law allows this.

The use of your personal information is covered by our registration under the Data Protection Act 1998. You can, under this legislation, request a copy of the information we hold about you. If any information we hold about you is incorrect please let us know.

Bath and North East Somerset Council is committed to upholding the principles of the Data Protection Act, and will not process your information in a way incompatible with these principles.

The Council’s Information Compliance Office can be contacted on (01225) 477000 or via email at information_governance@bathnes.gov.uk

Your rating: 

Your rating: None Average: 2.1 (8 votes)
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.