It's so easy to join your library service and best of all it's FREE! In Bath & North East Somerset libraries you don't even need to have ID with you to join.
Join online through the LibrariesWest website* or visit your Local Library
Provide your email address or mobile phone number when you join and we can send you reminders and alerts by email or text.
*If you join online you will need to visit your Local Library to collect your card.
If you apply to be a concessionary member, evidence will be required to support your claim. If no evidence is received then you will be allocated as an adult member until proof is shown.
Your PIN code
All our library cards are issued with a PIN code for your security.
Your PIN (a 4 digit Personal Identification Number) is issued when you join the library. You can change the number at any time if you wish.
Why do I need a PIN?
- To stop other people accessing personal information on your account. It's in your interest to keep the number secret and safe.
- Some library transactions incur charges - for example reservations and certain renewals. If someone else knows your PIN they can add charges to your account on your library ticket.
To use certain library services...
- Reserving items online
- Finding out what you have on loan
- Renewing items online or via the 24 hour phone line
Remember your card & PIN
If you do not have your membership card with you then you will be unable to take any items out. Having your membership and PIN number to hand is also a must for most online and renewal services. So if your memory lapses at that critical moment - don't worry - help is at hand.
- You can get your PIN by taking your library card into any Bath & North East Somerset library, or
- Phone Council Connect on 01225 39 40 41 - You will need your membership number and we will ask you a series of security questions about your account before we release your PIN code.