What is the Dial-a-Ride and what can I use it for?
Dial-a-Ride is a door to door fully accessible minibus service for those who cannot use conventional public transport.
People can use this service to:
- Go shopping.
- Attend appointments.
- Visit friends.
- Play an active part in community life.
Where can I go?
You can go anywhere within the Keynsham and District area; this covers Keynsham, Saltford, Whitchurch Village, Pensford, Publow, Compton Dando, Chewton Keynsham, Marksbury, Farmborough, Timsbury, Burnett, Newton St Loe and Corston. The service will also take you to doctor's appointments or clinics.
In addition to the "on-demand" service there are trips to Bath at least once a week, a special outing once a week and a regular four weekly rota of trips to local garden centres and supermarkets to provide a bit of shopping variety. Please call 01225 395321 for more information on this.
We can take you to Keynsham railway station where Bath bound services are fully accessible. If travelling Bristol-bound and you can't manage the steps, First Great Western have an arrangement where you can travel to Bath and loop back to Bristol.
Am I eligible?
Any resident of Keynsham, Saltford and these villages who CAN NOT use conventional public transport is eligible to register for Dial-a-Ride. If you are unsure whether you are eligible please contact the office on 01225 395321.
Will the driver help me get on and off?
Drivers will always ask you if you need any assistance. Drivers will certainly help you with carrying any heavy loads that you may have.
Can I travel with an escort or companion?
You can bring a companion, but they will need to pay the full or Diamond Travelcard fare. If you have an escort who pushes your wheelchair, they can travel for free.
How do I register?
People wishing to use the service must first register with the scheme. Please call 01225 395321 to register over the telephone.
When does the service operate?
In Keynsham, Dial-a-Ride operates between 9.00am and 4.00pm from Monday to Friday.
The Village services operate between 9.00am and 4.45pm from Monday to Thursday and between 9.00am and 4.30pm on Fridays.
Bank Holidays are excluded.
All journeys and times are subject to demand.
How much will it cost?
- Keynsham and Saltford journeys cost £4.00 return, but if you have a Diamond Travelcard this is reduced to £2.00.
- Village service journeys cost £5.00 return, but if you have a Diamond Travelcard this is reduced to £2.50.
How do I book a journey?
Anyone wishing to book a journey on the Keynsham Town Service should phone the office on: 01225 395321 the day before they wish to travel, between 9.30am and 11.00am. For the Village service, telephone between 1.00pm and 3.00pm up to 6 working days before you wish to travel.
When you book your journey....
- Don’t forget to book your return journey if needed.
- Please state appointment times if appropriate.
- Please be ready 10 minutes before your journey time.
- We do our best to meet all requests. However we do operate on a first come first served basis:
- We may ask you to alter your desired journey times slightly.
- We reserve the right to refuse or defer an application for registration, to ask for additional information in support of an application or to cancel any existing registration.
- All wheelchairs and scooters must be risk assessed by us before we can transport you.
- A leaflet is available as a download from the Related Documents section in the right hand column of this page.
Run for the community and by the community...
Supported by Bath & North East Somerset Council, and Keynsham Town Council.
Company Limited by Guarantee No. 4726115, Registered Charity No. 1099197.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.