Pay a parking Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)
- Pay online
- Call 01225 477133 to pay over the phone with a debit or credit card (office hours only)
- Visit a One Stop Shop to pay in person.
- Send a cheque to: Parking Services, Bath and North East Somerset Council, PO Box 5197, Bath, BA1 0UF
Challenge a parking PCN
- Make a challenge online
- Email email@example.com quoting your BN number and clearly state the reasons for your challenge
- Write to: Parking Services, Bath and North East Somerset Council, PO Box 5197, Bath, BA1 0UF
Please note that we have to have all challenges and representations in writing to ensure that the process is fully auditable. If you require aid in writing this please call 01225 477133 or visit a One Stop Shop.
Appeal the rejection of a challenge (make a representation)
You can make a formal appeal called a ‘representation’ if your challenge has been rejected. 28 days after you initially received the Penalty Charge Notice you will receive a Notice to Owner letter and this will provide instructions on how to make a representation. If you wish to make a representation then please do not pay the fine at this time.
Appeal the rejection of a representation
If your representation is rejected you will receive a Notice of Rejection. Within this letter there will be information on the appeals process and a form if you wish to appeal. The appeal will from this point be dealt with by the Traffic Penalty Tribunal; they are an independent body who will make a final decision on the case. Their decision will be binding and therefore you will be unable to make a further appeal after this point.
Independent advice on the PCN process
You can obtain independent advice on parking regulations and the enforcement of PCNs from PATROL UK