A key part of Bath’s Enterprise Area, Bath Quays South will offer exciting spaces for the digital, technology and creative companies who can deliver the right type of jobs for Bath’s economic future. Development of the site will be enabled by a collaboration between the Council as landowner and regeneration specialist TCN. Connecting both sites with a new pedestrian and cycling bridge will mean that Bath Quays will become a central business area which will provide a solution to Bath's long-term shortage of high quality office spaces.
A project team was formed in early 2016 to design and implement Bath Quays South and Bath Quays Bridge. The project team has consulted with landowners as well as statutory and representative stakeholders.
Detailed plans for Bath Quays South and Bath Quays Bridge were made available for public viewing and comment from 8 - 16 September 2016 at various locations in Bath City Centre and online. This feedback informed the preparation of the planning application which has now been consented, it can be viewed at www.bathnes.gov.uk/BathQuaysSouthPlans
The key components of the scheme include:
- Refurbishment of the listed building (Newark Works) to create a 4,500 sqm innovation and digital campus providing workspace for creative businesses in affordable short-let commercial units
- One new Grade A office building
- Two buildings for residential accommodation/specialist office use to accommodate up to 5,000 sqm of residential space and up to 190 sqm of retail space (outline planning consent only)
- Completion of flood defence and river walls, new public spaces and landscaping
- A new pedestrian and cycling bridge (under a separate planning application, now approved)
The first phase of works to enable delivery of the office building and bridge are now underway. The new building will provide a total of 46,000 sq ft with 10,000 sq ft floor-plates of state of the art Grade A offices, offering tenants highly flexible accommodation that will efficiently adapt to open plan and cellular space. The building is due to be open to occupiers in 2020. For further information about the new office space at Bath Quays, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Newark Works regeneration will be undertaken simultaneously by TCN.