Last updated: 28th November 2016
The Planning Policy team is responsible for providing planning policies to guide future development in the district. These policies will be set out in the Development Plan Documents (DPDs) and Supplmentary Planning Documents (SPDs) listed below.
The Planning Policy Website
- To navigate through our pages please either use the Planning Policy menu on the left of the screen (or bottom on some mobile devices); or
- use the Planning Policy Index which lists all of the pages available within the Planning Policy website which is kept as up-to-date as possible.
- The Placemaking Plan - The Examination Hearings Sessions have finished. The Council has issued BNES/PMP/013 in response to the Inspector's note ID/16.
- The Inspector issued her Interim Report (ID/17) on the submitted Placemaking Plan following the Examination Hearings on 11th November 2016, the Council has updated its Schedule of Rolling Changes as a result.
- The Core Strategy Commencement Document is published and the consultation runs from 9:30am on Monday 7th November to 5pm on 19th December 2016.
- Details of the current planning policy framework for Bath & North East Somerset can be found via this link
- The Local Development Scheme (LDS) includes the published programme and timetable of forthcoming Planning Policy work. Please consult it as it is updated when the programme or schedule changes. Summary information can also be found on the Local Development Framework (LDF) page.
If you cannot find the information you want, or if any hyperlinks are broken, please contact the Planning Policy Team using the contact details available on this page.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.