Last updated: 27th January 2017
The Planning Policy team is responsible for providing planning policies to guide future development in the district. These policies will be set out in the Development Plan Documents (DPDs) and Supplmentary Planning Documents (SPDs) listed below.
The Planning Policy Website
- To navigate through our pages please either use the Planning Policy menu on the left of the screen (or bottom on some mobile devices); or
- use the Planning Policy Index which lists all of the pages available within the Planning Policy website which is kept as up-to-date as possible.
- Comments received on the Core Strategy Commencement Document have been published.
- A Call for Sites has issued with information requested by Wednesday 8th March 2017.
- The Placemaking Plan - The Consultation on the Main Modifications to the submitted Placemaking Plan is open until 14th February, the Main Modifications document and other relevant information is available via this link.
- The Inspector issued her Interim Report (ID/17) on the submitted Placemaking Plan following the Examination Hearings on 11th November 2016, the Council has updated its Schedule of Rolling Changes as a result.
- Details of the current planning policy framework for Bath & North East Somerset can be found via this link
- The Local Development Scheme (LDS) includes the published programme and timetable of forthcoming Planning Policy work. Please consult it as it is updated when the programme or schedule changes. Summary information can also be found on the Local Development Framework (LDF) page.
If you cannot find the information you want, or if any hyperlinks are broken, please contact the Planning Policy Team using the contact details available on this page.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.