Clutton is a small village between Bristol and Bath.  There has been a school in Clutton since 1728 when one was established to teach and apprentice ten children.

In 1902 the foundation stone of the current school was laid by Lady Warwick.  The school badge, a silver swan on a dark green background, was chosen from the crest of the Warwick family. 

Until 1935 Clutton was called an Elementary School and catered for all children up to the age of 14.  From 1935 onwards the older children were taken by coach to nearby Timsbury and the school was re-named Clutton County Primary School.

The main school building houses four key stage two classrooms, a library, a computer suite and the offices.   There is also a hall that is used for assembly, PE, lunches and social events.  Behind the main building there are three key stage classrooms, a conservation area, an outside play area and a garden.
 
Everyone in our school community has helped to develop our conservation area.  We now have a raised bed fore each class.  Nile Class have been growing tomatoes and mange tout whilst Orinoco have been growing massive marrows.  We are looking forward to having seats in the area so that we can use it as a peaceful place to sit in playtimes.

Our well used and loved astroturf area at the front of the school is great for team games. 

We were lucky enough to be given adventure playground equipment by the PTA. 
 
In 2005 we extended the school and gained three brand new classrooms.  The foundation stage classroom has its own outside play area and a new cover put over some of it so that we can play outside whatever the weather is like.

Medlock Charitable Trust has supported the school in financing a new computer suite.  The governors and PTA have also supported us in updating our ICT equipment.  All of our classrooms have also got at least two computers in them for us to use

Head Teacher: 

Ms Liz Ennew

Location: 

Clutton Primary School
Station Road
BS39 5RA Bristol

Contact Number: 

01761 452510

School Type: 

Primary Schools

Academy: 

Academy