Ralph Allen School is a non-denominational 11-18 mixed academy on the skyline of the world heritage city Bath, in the local authority of Bath and North East Somerset. The school has approximately 1000 students and takes 180 students in each year in six forms of entry (Years 7-11); there are approximately 200 pupils in the sixth form. The school serves the community of Bath and villages to the south and east of the city. The school is surrounded by green sites managed by the National Trust. Its local village is Combe Down.
The school is named after Ralph Allen (1693-1764), the Bath mine owner, entrepreneur and philanthropist who contributed much to the building of Georgian Bath and the early development of the post office. The school was built in 1957 and has been further extended and developed since then.
In 2013 the school opened a new sixth form building, The Lee Sixth Form Centre, and an all-weather pitch. The Rose Building, a new classroom block for English and modern foreign languages, opened in 2014. The school has received awards for excellence in STEM and Lego Robotics, and has recently achieved the Director of Public Health Award.