Thank you for attending Cyclefest 2017. we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.
Tell us what you think in this short visitor survey to be in with a chance of winning a 7 day gym pass to Culverhay Leisure Centre or Bath Sports Centre. Winner will be announced on the 13th July and contacted by email.
Results of the Family Duathlon are available HERE
Extreme bike battles, ice cream, tractor driving, wellie wanging, music and more! Sound exciting? CycleFest is coming back to Odd Down on the 1st July for an afternoon of free activities for all ages. There are lots of fantastic activities on offer, so if BMXing doesn’t rev your engine, how about a race around the cycle circuit, or some bubble football?
Bring the family out and try something new.
- This year we are excited to announce a huge combined show with Mountain Bike Trials and BMX Jump Box – the Extreme Bike Battle! www.bike-battle.com
- Tractor Ted 'Live' Farm experience including sheep, goats, hens and Meg the sheep dog plus Tractor Ted inflatable fun, welly wanging and tractor driving www.tractorted.co.uk
- Scooter work shop and skateboard work shops with Team Rubicon teamrubicon.co.uk
- Cycle skills, balance bikes and open session on the cycle circuit with Wheels For All Wheels4all
- A Family Duathlon will be taking place on the circuit at 2pm - 1200m run, 4 laps cycle (6km) and a 600m run to finish by Split Second Timing www.splitsecondtiming.co.uk
- Live music performances by Bath Spa Band bathspaband.co.uk
- Bubble Football - zorb football by Excel Bubble Football www.bubble-football.co.uk
- Bikeability - cycling proficiency training for all ages Bikeability
- Laser-run try this new sport by Pentathlon GB. Medals for Bronze, Silver and Gold and wristbands for all participants www.pentathlongb.org
- Children crafts and ice cream with St Philip and St James Church www.stphilipstjames.org
- Tumble Tots - Designed to develop children's physical skills of agility, balance, co-ordination and climbing, through the use of brightly coloured Tumble Tots equipment (activities for under 2 - 5 year olds) www.tumbletots.com/Bath
- Family fun with Sugar Smart including games, quizzes, tips and recipes www.sugarsmartuk.org www.facebook.com/sugarsmartbanes
- Lacrosse taster sessions
- Rugby taster sessions
- Toddler Zone
- Riverford Organics - local, organic and vegboxes www.riverford.co.uk
- BBQ & Refreshments
- Marmot Tours www.marmot-tours.co.uk
Marmot Tours are delighted to be sponsoring Cyclefest 2017! Our road cycling holidays & challenges have been crafted over a decade by passionate & experienced cyclists & mountain experts. We have evolved, tweaked & carefully crafted our road cycling itineraries into a product that we are immensely proud of and we’re passionate about helping cyclists achieve their goals in Europe’s most famous mountains. We gear the experience around your abilities, your needs & expectations. Whether in France (Pyrenees, Alps, Massif Central, Provence & Corsica), in Italy (the Dolomites or Sardinia), or in Spain (Picos or Gran Canaria), whether you're a novice or expert – we’re here to make it real, make it fun, and make your cycling holiday the best it can be.
Why not visit our website www.marmot-tours.co.uk; we challenge you not to be tempted…
- St Philip and St James Church
- Tumble Tots www.tumbletots.com/Bath
- Virgin Care and Sugar Smart www.sugarsmartuk.org www.facebook.com/sugarsmartbanes
- Travelwest travelwest.info
Odd Down Sports Ground, off Bloomfield Road/Chelwood Drive, Odd Down, Bath BA2 2PR. View on Street Map
By bike or on foot
Limited parking is available on site. Participants are encouraged to arrive on foot, cycle and to use the Odd Down Park and Ride.
Suggested cycle and walk routes to the site are available on the Council web site www.bathnes.gov.uk/love2cycle
Service 14 towards Odd Down leaves from bay 14 in Bath bus station – services run approximately ever 10mins Mon-Saturday. The ‘Old Quarry’ stop on Bloomfield Drive is closest to the playing fields for buses coming out of the city centre, and the Bloomfield Crescent stop on Bloomfield Road is the nearest stop for buses towards Bath.
From bay 8 in Bath bus station a combined frequency on services 173, 178, 184, 379 provide a 15min frequency Mon - Saturday and use the ‘Midford Road’ stops on the Wellsway – opposite a small entrance to the playing fields.
Park & Ride
Odd Down Park and Ride is free to park and a 15 minute walk or short bus ride to teh Sports Ground.
Plan your journey with Travelwest https://travelwest.info/