Welcome to the Traffic Management Team webpages.
The Traffic Management Team are responsible for developing local policies aimed at improving the quality and safety of our streets and is a major function for the Council. This involves assessing local needs and priorities and consulting with local people and other interests on specific schemes and proposals.
Our work includes the following:
- Local traffic management, such as traffic schemes, one way streets and cycle improvements.
- Development of cycle routes, both traffic-free and on-street.
- Pedestrian improvements, such as safer routes to schools and zebra / pedestrian crossings.
- Local bus lanes and priority public transport routes.
- Advice on highway issues for planning applications.
- Access issues for pedestrians and disabled people.
- New Traffic Signs and Road Markings for the traffic network.
- Traffic Regulation Orders which are required for many different restrictions, for example yellow lines, waiting and loading, speed limits and weight/width restrictions.
- Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders to allow essential or emergency works to be carried out on the highway, examples of TTRO's include road closures, waiting restrictions and weight restrictions.
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.