The Full Council has responsibility for setting what is called the Policy and Budget Framework. This is a collection of plans, strategies and policies (including the Council's Budget) which describe how services are to be provided. The Cabinet and individual Cabinet Councillors can make policy but only within the Framework. Cabinet can make recommendations to Council about any policy change which is outside the existing Framework.
The Council's Constitution Part 4C sets out the Rules for operating the Policy and Budget Framework
Statutory plans and strategies are those required to be included in the Framework under legislation:
- Local Plan/Local Development Framework
- Children and Young Peoples’ Plan
- Youth Justice Plan
- Community Safety Plan
- Corporate Strategy (including Budget, Financial Plan)
- (Joint) Local Transport Plan
- Licensing Authority Policy Statement
- Health & Wellbeing Strategy
- Crime & Disorder Reduction Strategy
Please use this form to report issues with the content of this page. If you wish to contact somebody about the service provided, please use the contact details found in the 'Contact Us' section of this page.